A longstanding Fortune 50 company, AT&T is the world’s largest telecommunications firm.
AT&T Modernizes Customer Experience with Strategy for Content Operations
A longstanding Fortune 50 company, AT&T is the world’s largest telecommunications firm. The firm offers services including internet, wireless, 5G, and more for consumers, government, and businesses.
As a leader in digital technology, AT&T recognized the need to modernize its approach to using diverse content, from marketing to technical support, in the customer experience. The firm sought Content Science to partner on achieving objectives such as
- Scaling content work to support more personalization.
- Fostering better collaboration between content teams and stakeholders.
- Increasing consistency of content quality and adherence to standards.
Content Science combined capabilities to address the firm’s objectives:
- CS Lab to assess AT&T’s maturity level of content operations with surveys, interviews, and our content operations maturity model.
- CS Brain to define a vision for content operations and to synthesize insights from the assessment with trends and best practices.
The Content Science team recommended aligning the enterprise’s content operations with its ambitious goals for the customer experience as well as closing gaps in content operations. The strategic recommendations report outlined detailed steps to make progress on that alignment.
This extensive effort accelerated AT&T’s progress in planning how to mature and scale its content operations. Some specific benefits include
- Providing team members with a common vocabulary around content operations.
- Keeping morale high by including perspectives from content team members.
- Establishing a roadmap to prioritize activities and changes for content processes, roles, tools, and standards.