As one of the world’s most trusted sources of answers, Thomson Reuters offers a range of information services and software products for news and media, accounting, legal, and government uses.
Thomson Reuters Scales Center of Content Excellence with Training
As one of the world’s most trusted sources of answers, Thomson Reuters offers a range of information services and software products for news and media, accounting, legal, and government uses. Balancing innovation, growth, and efficiency keeps this highly respected company on prestigious high on lists like the Global 2000.
A highly successful information services enterprise, Thomson Reuters possesses great capabilities in treating content as a product. However, the enterprise recognized that content also is critical to marketing. When Thomson Reuters committed to establishing its new Center of Excellence for Content Marketing, they asked Content Science to consult on training and more.
Content Science combined capabilities to deliver a highly effective training series:
- CS Brain to interview COE leaders, form a training plan, and help identify opportunities to scale the COE.
- Content Science Academy to provide source material for the training and a learning management system for on-demand sessions.
- CS Forge to tailor training materials for Thomson Reuters’ unique situation.
The Content Science team delivered both a keynote session by Content Science Founder Colleen Jones and a series of in-depth live training sessions for the enterprise’s marketers. Content Science then turned assets from the sessions into on-demand sessions available 24/7 to appropriate Thomson Reuters team members.
This effort contributed significantly to the successful launch and initial year of the Center of Excellence for Content Marketing. With this COE established, Thomson Reuters has the capability to turn content into a competitive advantage for its marketing. Some additional benefits include
- Providing team members with a common vocabulary around content marketing abilities and skills.
- Keeping morale high during a time of significant change.
- Empowering team members to think even more strategically about content for marketing.
- Accelerating decisions around using content tools and technology to streamline operations.
There is no doubt that content plays a crucial role in marketing, but lines are getting grayer where marketing begins and ends. In 2023 and beyond, smart marketing teams will partner with teams responsible for the customer experience (CX) and brand experience (BX) to get a fuller view of how customers see their business. Content must be interwoven in Marketing, CX, and BX—and it must all work together.Steven Pritt, VP, Thomson Reuters