As a longstanding member of the Fortune 100, this technology enterprise has always developed, sold, and supported a range of hardware for consumers and businesses.
Technology Leader Forms End-to-End Content Strategy for New Cloud Offering
As a longstanding member of the Fortune 100, this technology enterprise has always developed, sold, and supported a range of hardware for consumers and businesses. The firm added IT services over time and recently launched a new cloud solution. This firm has integrated customer-centered practices into its approach for content for many years.
The highly respected technology brand recognized a cloud solution requires a customer experience that is different from buying and maintaining hardware. And that implies a different approach to content. So the enterprise contacted Content Science to collaborate on defining a new end-to-end customer experience and supporting content strategy.
Content Science combined capabilities to understand the situation, form a content strategy, and plan the execution:
- CS Lab to audit the current content and related systems, analyze the current content performance, and assess the company’s maturity level of content operations.
- CS Brain to define a vision for content in collaboration with leaders across marketing, sales, product, customer success, and information delivery.
- CS Brain to develop a comprehensive report of strategic recommendations for content experience, architecture, and operations as well as an implementation roadmap.
- CS Forge, our creative studio, to mock up content concepts and samples that brought the recommendations to life.
The effort identified
- The need for a unified customer experience with an integrated content strategy and aligned content operations.
- Opportunities for the technology firm to leverage content capabilities and tools they already had in new ways.
- Significant but achievable changes needed to processes, collaboration, content technology, and content roles.
- Ways to assess content as an investment rather than a cost.
This intense engagement gave the technology firm a tailored yet turnkey approach to content for end-to-end customer experiences–and did so within a few months. The effort has significantly increased the enterprise’s likelihood to succeed by
- Aligning diverse stakeholders around a common content vision.
- Accelerating budget support due to a well-planned roadmap and ROI formula ROI.
- Focusing selection of new content technology.
- Setting a target level of content operations maturity.
Dell Empowers Employees Worldwide to Embrace Content StrategyLearn More
Consumer Technology Association
Web Writing Workshops Take Consumer Technology Association’s Content to the Next LevelLearn More