America’s largest health insurer employs more than 110,000 associates to carry out the mission of elevating whole health.
Content + UX Testing Validate Digital Strategy for America’s Largest Health Insurer
Previously known as Anthem, Elevance Health provides more than 118 million people with health coverage across the United States. America’s largest health insurer employs more than 110,000 associates to carry out the mission of elevating whole health.
Like most companies during the pandemic, Elevance Health had to adapt to working remotely. The experience brought to light the many limitations of their employee portals, systems, and content. As a result, Elevance Health made modernizing the approach to remote work a priority and recognized the importance of content to the remote workplace.
After engaging Content Science to conduct extensive content analysis and form a robust content strategy for its employee portal, the insurer asked Content Science to lead a series of qualitative and quantitative tests of new content experiences–and to do so quickly. Using its CS Lab capabilities, the Content Science team
- Recruited participants for each test.
- Developed robust but efficient testing protocols.
- Moderated qualitative testing sessions.
- Analyzed and reported results.
- Offered recommendations for changes.
The testing series provided actionable insight into what worked about possible new content experiences for employees—and what didn’t. The testing benefited Elevance Health in several ways, such as
- Fast validation of important elements of the new content experience.
- Efficient identification of potential problems to address.
- Alignment of a range of stakeholders around the new experience direction.
The testing helped the insurer move forward in modernizing the employee portal with confidence.